Life can be stressful. Whether you are trying to sell your house and move to a new city, or trying to balance work and family life, it is important to have healthy methods of stress relief. Here are 5 ideas to help reduce your stress.
- Avoid Substances: Remember this is a list of healthy ways to reduce stress. There are certainly many different substances people use when they are stressed such as caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine. Most habitual substances are usually a depressant or a stimulus, neither of which is healthy stress relief. It’s may not come as a surprise that eating a healthy diet helps improve overall wellness including stress levels.
- Exercise: You may have an aversion toward exercise perhaps because it’s challenging when performed properly. Maybe you even feel stress thinking about it. Don’t worry; exercise will reduce your stress levels. There are certain hormones that are associated with high stress levels. These hormones are combatted by moderate levels of exercise.
- Relaxation: This can come in many forms. Different relaxation techniques include meditation, self-hypnosis, or even different forms of yoga that mix exercise and relaxation. Whatever your approach, relaxation techniques become more effective with practice.
- : It is no surprise that low amounts of can lead to higher levels of stress. deprivation is generally regarded as unhealthy by most medical professionals. There is even a rare disease that leads to the complete inability to . This usually results in death after several months. Don’t kill yourself; get some .
- Say No: This is a simple but sometimes overlooked concept. If you are stressed, adding more things to your to-do list will likely increase your stress. There is only 24 hours in each day. Don’t plan on doing 34 hours of work for days on end. This also relates to getting enough .